Saturday, April 16, 2005

Not bloggin', just an illustration























An illustration I recently created for my hometown newspaper which ran with a story about office cubicle etiquette. You all know those irritating "elephant in the cubicle-type" folks whose noisome tuna-diet is knocking you outta your seat. Or how about the pinhead who had uploaded some loud, obnoxious musical ringtone which rings excessively throughout the day? Then there's the people who bring their cuter-when-at-home kids or pets into the office. I'm guilty as charged in most of these offenses.

Bloggin'

So, am I back to bloggin? Nope. Taking another week off to write. I have at least 5 more pages of manuscripting before I can lift my ban. Have a great week all!

************************************************
Unrelated thought for the day: I gotta get this punctuation thing under control. Looks like I've had an explosion of commas, hyphens, dashes and quotation marks all over this blog. In all the wrong places.

7 comments:

WIP said...

Take it from me, you're doing fine with the technical grammar. Please believe, I would share if it was god-awful, by now *smile*.
Why am I back on your spot this fast? Beats me...Oh, I just published my latest post that kind of goes along the lines of you and your not-bloggin-just-illustratin-another-week-ban! Go check it out, if you will allow yourself anotha, say, two minutes with us lowly bloggers. LOL!

About the "date night" gone sour with the wife due to sick kiddo...Can't say that I feel sorry for you considering the fact that I spend more "alone time" blogging than the husband and I do sans children. Such is parenthood...

Now, how you like all of my ",...;:, and?"

Friar Tuck said...

cool illustration, once again

Jared Chapman said...

Super illustration Don! I really love that one. Was it inthe Statesman? We don't get the paper delieved so I miss out on a lot of fantastic work from fellow Austinites.

Yvonne said...

I just discovered your blog through Clint's blog, and your illustrations are PHENOMENAL. I'll be back for sure. Hey, do you know Louis Sachar? I think he lives in Texas. He is a genius. You two should team up.

Kim said...

Thanks for the post at my blog. Your artwork is fantastic! You Texans really know how to write and draw and blog! I've enjoyed checking out your site.

Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Great blog man, very good pictures, you have allot of talent.. keep up the good work. God Bless

The Archivist said...

With the benefit of hindsight, I see that perhaps your ban of blogging never materialised fully, as you continued to blog your heart out.