Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Happy Birthday!

A Happy Birthday to my baby daughter who actually is no longer a baby at all. She's 18-years old today. But in case she reads this, I'm still the dad. No boys. No drinkin'. No smokin'. And your gift won't be there until Thursday. Payday synchronization thing. These are two of my favorite pictures of you:
1.) You, in my dorm-like, messy bedroom
2.) A much younger you and I together in front of grandma's house back home in Des Moines for what seems like many lifetimes ago. Wow, how time flies.

Blogging ban
I've spent way too much time blogging, checkin out other peoples blogs, blog rolling, enhancing my blog, and reveling in blogger comments. I need a break. Better yet, a ban. Not from writing, just from blogging. I wrote nine pages over the last eight days, two of those pages were my book manuscript. So until I finish at least eight pages of manuscript, I'm banning myself from blogging. Unless something crazy happens. And in the case of my life...

9 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

A blogging fast huh......

I am going to bookmark your blog on my site.

greggy said...

A Happy Birthday to the Princess!!!
Hey, I often have to step away from the blog world and handle bidness on my end...time can fly when blogging around reading everyone and commenting here and there, so you have to handle your bizwhack as priority anyday. Go get your creative vibe on pardner!

Oricon Ailin said...

Happy Birthday and blessings to your daughter! *big smiles*

And, I know how blogging can be such a time consuming action in our lives. I often find myself peeking at the blogs while I am at work. No wonder I don't get my paperwork done.

Blessings to you and your family!

Jheris said...

Thanks Dad, that means a lot to me i just about cried!

Mom said...

I think this is so special. Jheris is just as pretty today as she was back then. I love the smile and the dimples. Jeris -- I Hope you had a wonderful birthday and your present from me is also forthcoming (you know these paydays are not respecters of person's birthdays).

Dad, your blog is excellent and I will miss reading them everyday, but I will catch up when your book comes out and I know it will be a biggggg success. Love and prayers always Mom

Tiffany said...

"Balance" can be such a ... booger! I am with you 100% blog-buddy. The thing about breaks or "fasts" as DJDB put it, is that during that "quiet and stillness" you can hear clearly. And hearing allows you to take the chatter outta your brain and put it to the keyboard. But you can't forget us "lowly" bloggers out here, because we want to be able to get the pre-book order post from ya! Oh, I've been known to write some good blurbs for my other published author friends for B&N's link to order their books...

Nikki said...

Taking a hiatus? I'll be lurking around until you return.

Dark Angel said...

I'd like to wish your daughter a happy belated birthday.
I know that I am completely off topic, forgive me, but I don't get why my mom won't let me get my bellybutton pierced. Do you have any reasons as to why she won't let me get it until 16? Besides the points of: I'm too young, it'll attract too much attention, and it's ugly. I have no idea. By the way, thanks for stopping by my journal. Bye *waves*

The Archivist said...

Happy really belated birthday to your daughter.

The blogging ban didn't exactly work? ;-)