Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A brotha knows...

...he must be happily married, or simply out of his mind, when he looks up to find the reflection looking back at him in the bathroom mirror is that of a middle-aged black man, in his underwear — low-rise briefs — holding a mop, barefoot, dizzy and half conscious because the ammonia and bleach concoction he has mixed to clean the floor, has got him high on his last day off before starting a new work week.

Heaven help me. Or applaud me.

************************************************
Unrelated thought for the day: Black smoke may indicate a new Pope has not been selected. For me, it means I need to clean that eye on the stove from my Tuna Helper fiasco.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hey, that's a SERIOUSLY lethal combination (ammonia and bleach). Be CAREFUL!

Don Tate II said...

Citris, that probably explains why my throat has been hurting every since. I'm for real!

Oricon Ailin said...

DON!!! What do you think you were doing??? Drink some milk, to help coat the throat. It will help counteract some of the affects of the symptoms you have.

Also, make sure that you don't do it again, it could really hurt you. *hugs*

I hope you feel better soon. *hugs*

Jheris said...

Dad thats gross, no one wants to know that you were in your underwear

Don Tate II said...

@ Jheris:

Speak for yourself sistah. I didn't look half bad in my FOTLoom's. But that's for me to know and you to never find out.

Friar Tuck said...

I have done some of the same things myself Don.

And as for what your daughter said, did she really want you to get bleach on your other clothes.

Cleaning the bathroom in your skivies is a matter of preserving the clothing budget!!

WIP said...

ROTFLMBO @ Don; LOL @ Don Juan, but can totally agree with you on the bleach on clothing episodes. Although, if you rinse the area with really cold water before it sets, it helps a little. I can't tell you how many cute tops and an occasional bottom has gotten free polka-dot inspired designs by Tiff. *Angry face*

And Don, yeah bruh, it must be some ser'us commitment go'n on when you 'bout to get knocked out by the bleach/ammonia combo. That's why I won't ever buy a house again w/o windows in the bathrooms...and for more reasons than one. Outkast's song 'bout boo-boo was on point!

Mom said...

On this one, Brotha -- you have to know you got my attention. I seriously hope you take the advice of these nice people who have commented on this one. As mom always says Love and Prayers -- and I will be praying for you.

Nikki said...

Amonia and bleach, not a good combination. Are you trying to kill yourself? One of my friend's mother was cleaning with that concoction one day and she ended up in the hospital from the fumes.