Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A brotha is...

...happy to be alive because A) while in his underwear — low rise briefs — he mopped the bathroom floor with a concoction of bleach and ammonia, which lead him to B) write a silly blog about it, that lead him to C) take his son to T-ball practice, thinking in the back of his mind that he might have to call in sick tomorrow because his throat is now severely burning and he thinks he's caught a cold, which lead him to D) return home to check his blog before finishing up an illustration. That lead him to E) Citrus' comment stating that ammonia and bleach are a SERIOUSLY lethal combination, which lead him to F) panic as he recalled his sore throat and earlier dizzy spell, which lead him to G) Google "ammonia and bleach on the internet, where he discovered that yes, he had created the poisonous and potent equivalent of the same kind of mustard gas used in WWI, which lead him to H) tell the wife, which lead her to I) get really mad and call poison control who told her that J) if indeed the brotha is still walking around and not breathing heavily, he's probably not gonna die. At least not today.

And the world would have thought I was just takin' an extra long break from bloggin'.

************************************************
Unrelated thought for the day: After having a really nice and overdue conversation last night with my brother, I've come to realize that people are really afraid to talk to me, a fear that the conversation may become the subject of one of my blogs. I'd never do that. ; )

6 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

This is also funny, and made me laugh cause I could see myself doing the same thing

Tiff said...

Okay, you have gone to new levels of blog-post-creativity. As I type this, both my kids are asking me and I quote, "Can I see the one where he has the drawing of the tissue stuck in his son's butt."
Good case and point for your friends and family thinking they will become "subject" at the hands of a man with either a pen or keys on a keyboard in his hands.

Is there any end to your talent? And I am still waiting on a "played-out" (meaning everyone has done one) 100 Things list from you "Me So...curious!"

Jez Chill said...

Mental Note: Learn from other people's mistakes. I'm just the fool that would try to mix Ammonia & bleach, if I ever mopped, or owned some ammonia, or bleach...

Oricon Ailin said...

Well, the most important thing to remember is that you are okay Don. You can look back at this and laugh.

I'm glad all is okay! *smiles*

Hypothetically Speaking said...

I'm glad I came across your blog! How entertaining! :o)

The Archivist said...

Well, DevasT is still with us. That is oddly obvious - it is June, now.

More humour for us, then.