Friday, March 04, 2005

Visual blogology!










A recent exchange between the wife and I after she discovers this photo of me laying on my drawing board:


The wife: What in the world are you doing in this picture? You look ridiculous.

Devas T. That's not me in the picture, honey. That's Brother Donkey who is shocked and aghast at Brother Rooster's disrespectful and abhorrent behavior after he abruptly gets up from the formally dressed and decorated dining table while knocking over his chair which makes a loud bang then storms out of the dinner party thrown for the animals upon discovering his meal is not quite what he expected.

The wife: You're a bit different than other husbands.

Devas T. *smile* Yes, I am.


For those of you non-artist types, I sometimes take photos of myself or hire models to use as reference for some of the books I illustrate.

**********************

I'd like to thank Ward Jenkins of The Ward-O-Matic, a visitor at this blog who enlightened me on the ways of visual blogology. It's all in the tags (a little html lingo). I can finally post pictures! Although, I won't very often. I don't want the visuals to make me lazy at bettering my words.

The New York Public Library is now offering their vast collection of primary sources to the public over the internet. This includes maps, posters, photographs, dust jackets, cigarette cards and more. Free to the public and available for download. How cool. A great new resource for illustrators like myself in desperate need of some obscure historical...thing.

3 comments:

SimpleKiwi said...

Nice picture you have there. And yes, today's youth is insane. :P

Ward Jenkins said...

No problem, Don. It's always a pleasure to help out a fellow artist. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. And I just have to say that I love that pic and the ensuing conversation with your wife. Classic stuff! Me want more.

The Archivist said...

Don, in my completely unprofessional opinion, your words are just fine!