Saturday, March 19, 2005

Late Saturday night

So what's an artist to do on a Saturday night when the wife is asleep and the kid is in bed and I'm bored? I check my email and mom has responded to my inquiry about the missing details. The ones for my book. Those that I need, but can't remember about being 14. About the divorce. The other woman, the pain, the hurt and the anger. I don't remember that stuff. I think it's been blocked. So, I now understand my daughter's dilemma. I can relate to her pain. I understand her hurt and her anger. She's in the same place that I was some time ago.

Then I check her blog* and she's grounded this day. Her words are filled with the same hurt the same anger and the same pain that I felt some 25 years ago. And it reminds me that although I am mad and feeling distant to her. Although her words cut, and have caused me some pain. She is grounded — the doghouse, she's still just a kid. She's still just a child, so there's time for resolve.

So what's an artist to do on a Saturday night when the wife is asleep and the kid is in bed and I'm bored?

Call my daughter? No, she's angry remember. I call my mom, have a beer. Go to bed.

Good night.



*Profanity filled, so no link.

1 comment:

The Archivist said...

Teenagers are hard to deal with. Especially emotional ones.