Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Out of the closet

Here I am. It's me. The real me. The Donald. No, not that Donald, the other Donald.

I've been sort of hiding all this time. Hiding behind my high school pen name, Devas T in an attempt to maintain at least partial anonymity . Wasn't sure if I'd really have the time or desire to actually maintain a weblog. And I wasn't confident enough in my writing/grammar/punctuation /editing skills to completely reveal my true identity. A or an? Conjugating a verb? Colon, semicolon or comma? Scary stuff. I might have to learn some multi-syllable words. But after doing this now for almost two months, I've come to realize -- who cares? It's just a blog. It's free. If the writing is unacceptable, the mortgage still gets paid.

As far as I know, there may not be anyone reading it anyway, except me. Maybe my mom. So time to come out. Added my picture and finished my profile. And I'm still living. But keeping my pen name.

So, let me reintroduce myself. My name is Don Tate. I illustrate for children.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Nice to meet you, Don.

The Archivist said...

Good to meet you as well, Don.